It appears that there's nothing on right now.
- John Bartlett
- by Ashley Crawford
- November 22, 2012
- John Bartlett has moved into very dangerous territory in his latest body of work. He has moved into the realm of the sacred – itself potentially taboo – abstracted to such a degree that the average viewer will no doubt be dumbfounded. But despite this abstraction, a deeply haunting resonance seems palpable, bordering on the visceral and, for all their minimalist elegance....
- Oscar Perry's Imperial Leather Video
- by Admin
- November 6, 2012
- In 1916 Burton J. Westcott moved the Westcott Motor Car Company to Springfield, Ohio from Indiana. Frank Lloyd Wright designed the Westcott family home with a detached garage that included a design for a large turntable (never installed) to prevent cars driven into the garage from ...
More articles »
- Jumping geometries
- by Robert Nelson
- May 16, 2013
- Geometry that jumps has a special value in art. In most circumstances, geometry is perfectly regular. Anything geometrical can be described by lines and angles, sequences, repetition and uniformity, where each part is predictable by the formula that generates it.
- Bea Maddock - NGV International
- by Robert Nelson
- March 3, 2013
- In 1987, Bea Maddock made a trip to Antarctica. During the bracing stint in the freeze, the artist pondered geological time in a way that must have gone beyond the scientific information. According to Alisa Bunbury, the curator of a thoughtful retrospective...
- Smokescreen -a collaborative installation across the spaces of TCB
- by Ariele Hoffman
- February 3, 2013
- It's everywhere.We can't taste it or touch it or even smell it but we need it to survive. Air- it's serious stuff. But Elizabeth Pedler and Jeremy ...
- The image of the city: Alessandro Piredda
- by Lesley Chow
- January 28, 2013
- For painter Alessandro Piredda, looking at a city is a dramatic act, which begins the moment we reach a place and consider how to enter it. His series of urban panoramas places us at the edge of the city: at the point of deciding how to approach it, navigate it, and finally, how to remember it. His Urban Assembly 02 Bangkok represents a new way of perceiving that city. In his view, the Asian metropolis has...
- More then just plant porn
- by Kim Anderson
- December 12, 2012
- Rich luminous hues and gorgeously exotic and rare botanical specimens belie the fact that there is something much more subversive going on in John Pastoriza-Piñol’s Hermes – Aphrodite, at Nellie Castan Gallery in South Yarra from...
More reviews »